Wednesday 5 August 2015

I’m not a bank debtor – Idika Kalu


A former Minister of Finance, Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu, has faulted his inclusion in a list of “chronic bank debtors.”


Kalu said he ceased being the non-executive chairman of the owing firm, BGL three years ago “by a decision of its board in my absence.”


In a statement he personally signed, the ex-minister explained that he was later re-assigned to chair the advisory board of the firm that was never set up.


Kalu claimed he didn’t protest or fault the arrangement because “it suited him perfectly.”


He added: “It is therefore not true that I am a director of BGL. SEC can confirm this fact if in any form of doubt.


“Further I can assert, without any fear of contradiction, that I do not owe any bank, any institution, or anybody, a kobo or a dime. And also, I am not a director of any debtor firm.”





Source link



No comments:

Post a Comment