Saturday 3 October 2015

Mum was my pillar – Enyeama


Super Eagles captain, Vincent Enyeama, is still “shattered and devastated” following the death of his mother last month.


Enyeama sat out Nigeria’s last two internationals, against Tanzania and Niger Republic, as a result but is billed to return for October’s fixtures against Congo DR and Cameroon in Belgium, supersport.com reports.


He also missed Lille OSC’s Ligue 1 fixture against Montpellier which Les Dogues won 2-0 on Friday.


The ex-Enyimba goalkeeper is currently in his Akwa Ibom hometown, where his mother will be laid to rest on Saturday and the 33-year-old took the time to pay his last respects to the woman he described as his “pillar.”


“I am shattered and devastated because my mother was my pillar. She was full of life and showed no signs of illness before she died so this is quite difficult to take,” he told supersport.com.


Enyeama is the most capped Nigerian international in history with 101 appearances for the Super Eagles and has played at three FIFA World Cups in 2002, 2010 and 2014.


He was also part of the Nigeria side that won the Africa Cup of Nations title in South Africa in 2013 and he pointed out the role his late mother played in his numerous career successes.


“My mother was always there for me handing me important pieces of advice and always praying for me.


“In the most difficult moments of my life, she was always there, and there is no way I would have achieved all I have if it wasn’t for her influence in my life,” he said.





Source link



No comments:

Post a Comment